Skippers Log is your digital logbook for your yacht.
Everything you can do in a good old fashioned paper logbook you can do with Skippers Log and more of course.
Skippers Log runs on any iPhone® or iPad® with a minimum iOS Version of 11.0. The iPad® needs to have a GPS receiver module. Pure WiFi iPads® are not sufficient
- Create multiple trips for multiple ships
- Record daily navigational data and weather observations
- Include navigational live data from a wireless NMEA server
- Automatic log entries based on the specifications you make (course change, wind change, ...)
- Automatic geotagging of position like e.g. 2.3 nm W of Cape Finisterre
- Plot your trip on Apple map or Navionics map
- Print your trip with maps as a PDF
- Create crew lists and print them
- AIS targets shown on map (data from AIS receiver required)
- Synchronize between you devices through iCloud or manual export and import
- Free configurable NMEA data can be displayed as map overlay
- Pictures can be added to each day
- Configurable checklists
- Automatic text weather forecast and maps for Europe
 To use the Navionics charts you need an active subscription with Navionics.
The free version of this app is limited to 1 ship, 1 trip and 40 manual log entries. Enough for a one or two week charter trip. No NMEA data are processed in the free app.
You can remove these restrictions with an in app purchase to unlock the unlimited version. There is also a free 14 day trial available for the unlimited version.
Please see the short video about the Skippers Log app:
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.